Nicely now that was pretty a Tremendous Bowl Sunday — in Evanston.
I’ve been fortunate to be a section of a variety of significant-profile upsets for the duration of my occupation and Northwestern beating No. 1 Purdue 64-58 at Welsh-Ryan has to be in the prime 10. This was the most important residence acquire for Northwestern because upsetting Michigan in 2017, a win that finally catapulted the Wildcats to their initial-ever NCAA match berth.
The gain around Purdue will most likely do the same — their second-ever berth — as the Wildcats go on to pile up quad-1 wins (6-4).
The enjoy of senior guard Boo Buie this week was sensational for Northwestern, main the Wildcats to wins at Ohio Point out and about Purdue. Buie’s 19 points from Ohio Condition and his 26 in opposition to the Boilermakers earned him our March Madness Nationwide Participant of the Week. The Wildcats are tied with Indiana for next place in the Huge 10 and play the Hoosiers for a second time this period (they currently won in Bloomington) later this 7 days.
And although Vanderbilt isn’t likely to be in the NCAAs until the Commodores get the SEC event, they are our March Madness Staff of the 7 days (and get a spot in the Ability 36) after a stunningly great 7 days with a buzzer-beating get around rival Tennessee in Nashville and a road W at Florida. Liam Robbins scored 32 factors and grabbed 10 boards in the gain more than the Gators in Gainesville and Tyrin Lawrence’s 3-pointer defeat the Vols. Vanderbilt is now 6-6 in the SEC and 13-12 total.
The loss to Purdue means we’ve received a shakeup at the top rated of the ability rankings:
1. Houston (2): The Cougars are atop my energy rankings and deservedly so just after holding provide in the American.
2. Alabama (4): The Tide beat rival Auburn and are nevertheless undefeated in the SEC.
3. Purdue (1): The Boilermakers drop down immediately after slipping at Northwestern.
WILDIN’ WILDCATS: Northwestern surges late to shock No. 1 Purdue men’s basketball 64-58 on Super Sunday
4. UCLA (9): The Bruins got a sweep in Oregon and are the very clear favourite to earn the Pac-12.
Bought the earn, 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬.
— UCLA Men’s Basketball (@UCLAMBB) February 12, 2023
5. Indiana (8): The Hoosiers followed up the Purdue get by beating Rutgers and profitable at Michigan.
6. Texas (5): The Longhorns are at the moment atop the loaded Massive 12.
7. Virginia (22): Controversy aside, the Cavaliers look to be the ideal in the ACC — for now.
8. Baylor (10): Appear out for the Bears, who are storming back again in the Significant 12.
9. Marquette (13): Shaka Clever is the Significant East coach of the year.
10. Miami (30): The Hurricanes are enjoying their greatest basketball at the appropriate time.
11. Tennessee (3): Tough week for the Vols, dropping at the buzzer Twice.
SATURDAY RECAP: No. 6 Tennessee falls at buzzer (all over again), Stanford stuns No. 4 Arizona, additional from a tremendous Saturday in men’s hoops
12. Kansas (17): The Jayhawks are nonetheless the crew of record to knock off in the Huge 12.
13. Creighton (19): The Bluejays are again to taking part in the way they ended up projected in the preseason.
14. Oklahoma Point out (31): Welcome to the Huge 12 top-4 chase Cowboys.
15. Xavier (15): A crazy ending at Butler may perhaps price tag the Musketeers the Massive East title.
16. Kansas Condition (18): Nevertheless bullish on the potential of the Wildcats.
17. Northwestern (NR): The Wildcats stunned No. 1 Purdue and are tied with Indiana for next in the Big Ten.
Courtroom stormed. pic.twitter.com/o4XAQhWmni
— Northwestern Basketball (@NUMensBball) February 13, 2023
18. Maryland (12): Enjoy the way the Terps are participating in now. They get No. 1 Purdue Thursday.
19. Illinois (24): The Illini got the very best of Rutgers and are ready for the stretch operate.
20. Saint Mary’s (11): The Gaels got clipped by LMU, just like Gonzaga.
21. Gonzaga (28): The Zags escaped with a get around BYU but still trail Saint Mary’s by one particular activity.
22. Texas A&M (34): The Aggies are two games powering Alabama and two ahead of Tennessee.
23. Iowa (14): The Hawkeyes continue to have to have to demonstrate more on the road, but they can score with any workforce in the region.
24. Pitt (21): The Panthers have zoomed to the leading of the ACC with five-straight wins.
SCOREBOARD: Stay up to date with just about every game
25. Missouri (NR): The Tigers bought the buzzer-beater win at Tennessee to transfer into a tie for fourth in the SEC.
26. Arizona (7): I’m even now bullish on the Wildcats but the reduction at Stanford is likely to sting.
27. Iowa Point out (6): The Cyclones are on a little bit of a slide but which is life in the Major 12.
28. Rutgers (16): The Scarlet Knights had a brutal 7 days likely to Indiana and Illinois, minus Mawot Mag.
29. San Diego State (33): The Aztecs merely know how to earn late game titles.
30. Nevada (32): Steve Alford has the Wolf Pack primed for an NCAA tournament berth.
31. Wake Forest (NR): The Demon Deacons received a stable W more than North Carolina.
32. Vanderbilt (NR): The Commodores beat Tennessee and gained at Florida.
Make that Three wins in a row.
— Vanderbilt Men’s Basketball (@VandyMBB) February 12, 2023
33. Providence (27): The Friars bought clipped by a determined St. John’s at the Backyard.
34. TCU (29): The Horned Frogs are aggressive but just in a brutal Big 12.
35. UConn (NR): The Huskies were being in just a possession of obtaining the W in Omaha.
36. NC Point out (25): The Wolfpack are holding on for a place in the subject, hardly.
Dropped out: Kentucky (20), USC (23), Duke (26), VCU (35), Akron (36)