Bears Go 4- In San Luis Obispo
SAN LUIS OBISPO. – The No. 9 California seaside volleyball group closed out a fantastic weekend at Cal Poly’s Mustang Invitational with an additional pair of wins Saturday afternoon. The Golden Bears bested No. 20 Tulane 3-2 and the host Mustangs 5- to go 4- on the weekend.
No. 9 Cal 3, No. 20 Tulane 2
Cal picked up its eighth ranked gain of the time topping the Green Wave from Tulane to begin the day. Junior Brooke Buchner and sophomore Alex Younger-Gomez concluded 1st and stored their new scorching streak on the lessen courts heading with a 21-16, 21-11 on five. The senior duo of Ainsley Radell and Ashley Delgado picked up a 21-14, 21-11 gain on two but Tulane responded with a court 4 victory to continue to be alive.
The match-sealing get would arrive from a new pair on court docket a few as freshman Marilu Pally and sophomore Ella Dreibholz attained their 1st victory together 21-16, 21-16.
1. Mollie Ebertin/Kendall Peters (TUL) def. Gia Fisher/Sierra Caffo (CAL) 16-21, 21-14, 15-9
2. Ainsley Radell/Ashley Delgado (CAL) def. Sara Corridor/Maddie Speicher (TUL) 21-14, 21-11
3. Marilu Pally/Ella Dreibholz (CAL) def. Samantha Mehlman/Emily Heintzelman (TUL) 21-16, 21-16
4. Ashton Mares/Abby Jackson (TUL) def. Lexi McKeown/Natalie Martin (CAL) 21-18, 21-14
5. Brooke Buchner/Alex Young-Gomez (CAL) def. Lara Torruella/Savka Popovic (TUL) 21-16, 21-11
Purchase of complete: 5,2,4,3*,1
No. 9 Cal 5, Cal Poly
The Bears manufactured speedy perform of the host Mustangs dropping just two sets in the match. Radell and Delgado moved back again into the top spot and picked up their 3rd court docket just one gain of the season 19-21, 21-19, 16-14. Dreibholz and junior Maya Gessner have been reunited on court docket three and attained their 13th win of the time together 21-16, 21-17. Their 13 victories rank 2nd on the crew.
1. Ashley Delgado/Ainsley Radell (CAL) def. Piper Ferch/Izzy Martinez (CP) 19-21, 21-19, 16-14
2. Sierra Caffo/Gia Fisher (CAL) def. Jayelin Lombard/Piper Naess (CP) 27-25, 21-18
3. Maya Gessner/Ella Dreibholz (CAL) def. Delaney Peranich/Brooke Golik (CP) 21-16, 21-17
4. Alex Young-Gomez/Marilu Pally (CAL) def. Emma Zuffelato/Kalee Graff (CP) 17-21, 21-13, 15-13
5. Brooke Buchner/Ava Mann (CAL) def. Erika Foreman/Margo Smith (CP) 21-15, 21-14
Order of finish: 5,3,2*,4,1
The Bears will now return to the Bay to contend in the Pac-12 North Event at Stanford from April 7-8.